Farmhouse Lennik by Studio Farris
Studio Farris was commissioned the project of a farmhouse located in Lennik, a small town in an agricultural area close to Brussels, in order to convert it into a comfortable, modern and energy conscious family home.
Description by Studio Farris
Many old farms are characterised by their randomly bricked up and cut out windows and doors. In Lennik, this whimsical patchwork was used as the basic concept for the façade: where necessary to maximise the functionality and experience of the farmhouse, perforations were made in the old façade. This gives the house an authentic and characteristic appearance and guarantees the necessary amount of natural light in every room.
On the inside, old elements were upgraded and complemented with modern volumes to create a pleasant and contemporary atmosphere. By consistently applying this concept, a symbiosis between the old and the new was achieved: both still remain recognizable and strongly emphasise each other at the same time. Last but not least, the box-in-box system takes care of the energy efficiency of the house.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo