Tuscan Guesthouse by Nautilus Architects
Nautilus Architects recently designed this amazing warm Tuscan guesthouse located in Lyme Hills, Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
Description by Nautilus Architects
Take a look at the image of the living/dining space with doors opening to a pool beyond. This is an elegant, finely-appointed room with aged, hand-hewn beams, dormered clerestory windows, and radiant heated limestone floors. But the real power of the space derives less from these handsome details and more from the wide opening centered on the pool.
The occupants of the room feel like they’re poolside, even while inside. When they’re entertaining, it matters little whether guests are on the terrace or in the living room; it all feels like one great space. The four-wide bank of doors is designed so that the central two are hinged directly to the flanking ones. Thus, when opened, they are precisely aligned, it seems as if there are somehow only two doors, and the assembly appears less cluttered.
A mechanized, roll-down screen descends from above to completely secure the opening against insects. When the screen is in use, the doors at the far ends are used for passage (a word of advice: make sure to devise a screening solution in any multi-door design).
- Guest House by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Country Home in Tuscany
- Tuscan Villa by Sante Bonitatibus
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- House in Tuscany by B+P Architetti
- Casa Farfalla by Michel Boucquillon
- House in Tuscany by Marco Innocenti
- Tuscany by D.Mesure - Elodie Sire