Broadgates Road by Granit Chartered Architects
Situated in Wandsworth, London, UK, this single family residence was extended and completely redesigned by Granit Chartered Architects.
Description by Granit Chartered Architects
We were asked to design an extension at ground level and fully refurbish this property to a high standard, maximising space where possible.
The existing extension was demolished and a new stepped addition put in its place to stretch across the whole rear elevation. The new extension incorporated large sliding doors with clerestory windows above, maximising daylight to the kitchen, living, dining, and study areas. This gives the rear of the house a better connection to the garden, creating an enjoyable space to entertain family and friends – something the clients were keen to achieve as the current layout didn’t.
Internally we reconfigured the layout of the ground floor, lowering the floor to the rear rooms to bring it more in line with the garden level and create an interesting mezzanine level study area. Minor layout changes were made to the first and second floors, which included adding a walk-in wardrobe to the master bedroom and redecorating the other rooms. Additional storage was designed in to help keep this family home tidy – a key objective for the project. This is most notably demonstrated where the floor levels change on the ground floor where two wine fridges are located at low level beneath the study.
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- T House by IDIN Architects
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes
- Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects
- House in Melbourne by Bagnato Architects
- Chancellor Residence by Frits de Vries Architect
- Residence by Alberto Burckhard + Carolina Echeverri
- Villa Carber by Buratti Architetti
- Kenshō Boutique Hotel & Suites by CMH