430 House by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
Designed by D’Arcy Jones Architecture, this contemporary single family house is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
Description by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
This renovation of a 1981 Vancouver Special on a 33 foot wide lot retained the entire foundation and structure of the house.
The interior layout was flipped, moving the kitchen, dining and living areas from the upper floor down to the main floor, so the most important interior spaces could be at grade.
A new parallel-parking open carport was built off the lane, to preserve more of the back yard for a new landscaped garden and terrace.
The house was wrapped in a new exterior skin with carefully placed windows, to connect all interior spaces to the front and back yards.
This house that was once dark and generic is now filled with light and air.
Photography by Sama Jim Canzian
Products You May Like
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Opposite House by Rzlbd
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Container House by Matt Mcleod
- Mullet House by RUFproject
- Line Graph House by Zubu Design Associates