430 House by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
Designed by D’Arcy Jones Architecture, this contemporary single family house is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
Description by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
This renovation of a 1981 Vancouver Special on a 33 foot wide lot retained the entire foundation and structure of the house.
The interior layout was flipped, moving the kitchen, dining and living areas from the upper floor down to the main floor, so the most important interior spaces could be at grade.
A new parallel-parking open carport was built off the lane, to preserve more of the back yard for a new landscaped garden and terrace.
The house was wrapped in a new exterior skin with carefully placed windows, to connect all interior spaces to the front and back yards.
This house that was once dark and generic is now filled with light and air.
Photography by Sama Jim Canzian
- House in Houston by StudioMET Architects
- Lakestone Residence by Design Evolution Enterprises
- Cubic Cave by Ris Interior Design
- Two-Story House by ONI Architects
- Chameleon Residence in Singapore
- Ivanhoe House by Kavellaris Urban Design
- Huf House by Sphere8
- Veranda House by Danna Segal Lerner
- Apartment in Malaya Okhta by Sergey Klochkov
- Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group