430 House by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
Designed by D’Arcy Jones Architecture, this contemporary single family house is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
Description by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
This renovation of a 1981 Vancouver Special on a 33 foot wide lot retained the entire foundation and structure of the house.
The interior layout was flipped, moving the kitchen, dining and living areas from the upper floor down to the main floor, so the most important interior spaces could be at grade.
A new parallel-parking open carport was built off the lane, to preserve more of the back yard for a new landscaped garden and terrace.
The house was wrapped in a new exterior skin with carefully placed windows, to connect all interior spaces to the front and back yards.
This house that was once dark and generic is now filled with light and air.
Photography by Sama Jim Canzian
Products You May Like
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- Everson by Michelle Berwick
- Herzliya Pituach 1 by Tomer Ben Dor
- Open House by Eric Cobb
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York
- House in Melbourne by Austin Maynard Architects
- 61st Street Townhouse by TRA Studio
- Palm Residence and Guest House by Clark Richardson Architects
- Boneo Country House by John Wardle Architects
- Casa FR by Salvatore Pellitteri