430 House by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
Designed by D’Arcy Jones Architecture, this contemporary single family house is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
Description by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
This renovation of a 1981 Vancouver Special on a 33 foot wide lot retained the entire foundation and structure of the house.
The interior layout was flipped, moving the kitchen, dining and living areas from the upper floor down to the main floor, so the most important interior spaces could be at grade.
A new parallel-parking open carport was built off the lane, to preserve more of the back yard for a new landscaped garden and terrace.
The house was wrapped in a new exterior skin with carefully placed windows, to connect all interior spaces to the front and back yards.
This house that was once dark and generic is now filled with light and air.
Photography by Sama Jim Canzian
- Contemporary Home in Brazil by Marcelo Minuscoli
- North Hibiscus House by Borges + Associates Architects
- Apartment in Moscow by Team Design
- Apartment in Warsaw by Fuss Studio
- Home in Taipei by Wei Yi International Design Associates
- R+E House by DP+HS architects
- House in Girona by Turull Sorensen
- Manhattan Loft by INRE
- House in Poznań by Metaforma
- Apartment in Dnipro by Tobi Architects