430 House by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
Designed by D’Arcy Jones Architecture, this contemporary single family house is situated in Vancouver, Canada.
Description by D’Arcy Jones Architecture
This renovation of a 1981 Vancouver Special on a 33 foot wide lot retained the entire foundation and structure of the house.
The interior layout was flipped, moving the kitchen, dining and living areas from the upper floor down to the main floor, so the most important interior spaces could be at grade.
A new parallel-parking open carport was built off the lane, to preserve more of the back yard for a new landscaped garden and terrace.
The house was wrapped in a new exterior skin with carefully placed windows, to connect all interior spaces to the front and back yards.
This house that was once dark and generic is now filled with light and air.
Photography by Sama Jim Canzian
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- MLA House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Villa Boscana in Spain
- JKO House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- WADI Penthouse by Platau
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Penthouse One-11 by Milano Contract District
- Beach House by Denton House Design Studio
- AB House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Home in Tennessee by Hastings Architectural Associates