Blue Jay Way by Corr Contemporary Homes
Designed in 2008 by Corr Contemporary Homes, this luxurious 7,000 sq ft residence is located in Los Angeles, California.
Description by Corr Contemporary Homes
This house is located on a spectacular lot above Sunset Strip with panoramic views of down town and west Los Angeles all the way to Santa Monica, the Pacific and Catalina Island. The design of the house maximizes access to the view such that all the main living spaces look out over it. The house is large almost 7000sf total and is divided in half by a water feature and pool. This is the central design element of the project.
It begins by the driveway as a water wall around which the entry sequence is wrapped. Upon ascending to the main level of the house, the water element becomes an ornamental pool before dropping into the spa below, after which it becomes a 75 foot long lap pool the end of which is cantilevered over the slope into the view. The entry to the house is a glass bridge over the pool below. The master bedroom and study are located on one side of the pool, the living areas on the other. Below are several guestrooms, a media room and a four car garage. The palette of materials is soft contemporary with extensive use of concrete, wood and stone.
Photography courtesy of Corr Contemporary Homes
Products You May Like
- Duplex Apartment by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Apartment in Rome by Franz Moscati
- Back in Black by 23bassi
- Duplex Folgueroles by Meritxell Ribé
- Apartment in Busto Arsizio by Archiplan
- Westlight by TEN Arquitectos
- DC 722 Apartment by Almazan y Arquitectos Asociados
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- Patriarch Ponds by YØDezeen Architects
- Compound Q by DSDG Architects