Residence In Syros 2 by Block722
This amazing seaside residence located in Syros, Greece, was designed in 2014 by Block722.
Description by Block722
Situated in the island of Syros, this summer house hosts a family of four and their guests. In contrast to the neighboring Syros I residence, the steep and intense topography dominated the design process.
A massive staircase leads to a gradual descent from the top towards the house, intensifying the experience of the cycladic landscape. The entrance is surrounded by the higher volumes of the main areas of the house, ending the descent path, then opening immediately to an ample view of the Aegean.
Programmatically, the house is clearly divided into the clean and square volume of the common areas (living room, kitchen) and the partially buried rectangular volume of the bedrooms. The guesthouse is also buried inside the slope, defined by a stone wall that is typical of the local architecture. The main volume is characterized by a free floor plan, allowing the continuous view of the outside and offering a cosy living space near the fireplace. The outdoor common spaces include two open “courtyards” shielded from the sun and the central part of the court, open to sunbathing and the children’s plays.
Photography by Ioanna Roufopoulou
- Porto Fira Suites by Interior Design Laboratorium
- Olion Villa AA by Ark4lab of Architecture
- Maroubra House by BJB Architects
- North Haven Residence by Timothy Godbold
- Casual Hip Home by Regan Baker Design
- Villa in Pesciano by Special Umbria
- Casa Refogliano by Special Umbria
- Villa Palmier by Atmosphère d'Ailleurs
- Villa Tramonto by GAA Architects
- Porto Heli Villa by Stokas Construction