Penthouse in Barcelona by Susanna Cots
This modern penthouse apartment located in Barcelona, Spain, was designed in 2017 by Susanna Cots.
Description by Susanna Cots
Black to light. Susanna Cots discovers a new light bathed in black, cubes and glass
The starting point is an easily reconciled oxymoron: a dark penthouse located in a busy part of Barcelona that desired tons of light, symmetries and cubes.
The pièce de résistance is the kitchen, designed to lodge a transparent core of social and family life. It is contained in a glass cube with sliding glass doors. This cube is accompanied by a wet area finished in dark grey microcement containing a courtesy toilet and the laundry area.
The kitchen is embraced by a skin of white cladding where all the bedrooms are concealed, creating the most intimate family core.
Here we find the children’s rooms, the master suite and the living room and reading and study area, that melts into the exterior thanks to the enormous opening. The terrace is designed as the second great social core. It features a waterfall fountain that brings nature into the middle of the city.
Photography courtesy of Susanna Cots
Products You May Like
- Casa Arroyomolinos by Kubikoo Estudio
- Marine Parade by Western Select Products
- Industrial Apartment by SHOKO.design
- Stockholm Apartment by Move2
- Triling Loft by Free Space Intent
- Kent Apartment by Gruppo Lithos Architettura
- Downtown Los Angeles Loft by Oh beauty
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House in Correggio by Simone Testi
- Maisonette in Stockholm