Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
Located in Washington D.C., this modern two-story house was designed in 2017 by Carnemark Design + Build.
Description by Carnemark Design + Build
With their children grown and out of the house, this couple was ready to re-imagine their 1960s ranch-style home in suburban DC as a place to enjoy their golden years. The original layout was choppy, with lots of small rooms and a staircase that monopolized the entry. The clients wanted more open space for entertaining, with a sightline straight to the backyard. Extending the living room and adjacent bedroom over the existing patio helped do just that.
Photography by Anice Hoachlander
Products You May Like
- Williams Island Blvd by Mila Design
- Highland Village by M+A Architecture Studio
- Miami Beach Island Home by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Delray Beach Residence
- Dog Trot Residence by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- Miami Residence by Sabal Development and TOGU Architecture
- Lake Chelan Hideaway by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- Whidbey Island Home by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- House in the Lanes by MB Architecture
- River Ranch by Michael Hsu Office of Architecture