Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
Located in Washington D.C., this modern two-story house was designed in 2017 by Carnemark Design + Build.
Description by Carnemark Design + Build
With their children grown and out of the house, this couple was ready to re-imagine their 1960s ranch-style home in suburban DC as a place to enjoy their golden years. The original layout was choppy, with lots of small rooms and a staircase that monopolized the entry. The clients wanted more open space for entertaining, with a sightline straight to the backyard. Extending the living room and adjacent bedroom over the existing patio helped do just that.
Photography by Anice Hoachlander
Products You May Like
- Ranch-Style Home by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- Tuna Puna by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- East Hampton Waterfront by Kevin O'Sullivan + Associates
- Tiburon Bay Residence by Nicolehollis
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects
- Mamaroneck House by SPG Architects
- Treeside Residence by Faulkner Architects
- Lake Waconia House by ALTUS Architecture + Design
- LA Midcentury Home by Alexander Gorlin Architects
- GL House by Pozas Arquitectos