House in Ranzo by Wespi de Meuron
Overlooking Lake Maggiore, this minimalist single family residence designed by Wespi de Meuron is situated in Ranzo, Switzerland.
Description by Wespi de Meuron
The project works with references to the historical architectural culture of the place and interprets them anew.
The traditional natural grey plaster of the façade associated with the simple cube of the modern house detracts itself from a precise temporal assignment.
This house is closely linked to the historical paths from the lake to the village. The terrace with a mountainside courtyard wall, a long bench and natural stone paving has Mediterranean character. The pergola place on the old barn is directly connected with a steep staircase to the house and forms a counterpoint to the new building.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects