House in Desert by Wendell Burnette Architects
This contemporary courtyard house designed in 2013 by Wendell Burnette Architects is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States.
Description by Wendell Burnette Architects
Mass, Hollowed Mass, Faceted Mass, Fissured Mass, Mass that cracks open and hinges apart informed how we proceeded to give this home its defining qualities from the courtyard plan, to the split-massing, all the way down to the fittings and fixtures that one touches with the hand or eye. For instance, the millwork is volumetric, only revealing contents within when a contoured bronze void is touched with the fingertips, allowing the mass to be gently cracked open. Long fissures in the mill-finish steel plate ceiling reveal light while maintaining the quality of nothingness at night. Mass and the improbability of delicacy discovered within it is what give the Sonoran Desert its remarkable presence. As our clients and their guests move from the mass of this landform into our engawa, we hope they will always rediscover with a hint of surprise the preciousness of things.
Products You May Like
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- Tahoe Marvel by Kelly Hohla Interiors
- House in Venice by Golden Line Construction
- The Manta by WA Country Builders
- L20 House by OLARQ_Osvaldo Luppi Architects
- Golden Isles Residence by 2id Interiors
- House in Demarest by Jennifer Pacca Interiors
- East Village Apartment by CM Natural Designs
- Villa Boscana by OLARQ - Osvaldo Luppi Architects
- Baomaru House by Rieuldorang Atelier