Apartment in Paris by Rosko
Located in Paris, France, this creative 2,691 sq ft apartment was designed by Rosko.
Description by Rosko
One of studio last projects is a flat of a famous French gallery owner, collector and philanthropist.
In his private collection there are many rare pieces of art, including a collection of works of the French abstract artist Simon Hantaï, as well as unique works –furniture of iconic Italian sculptor and furniture maker DIEGO GIACOMETTI. Exactly these pieces of art the client wanted to see in his new interior.
The main idea and the task that architects have set themselves was to create an environment where these unique pieces of art will look most benefited. Thus they decided to make a bright, aconic, even a little ascetic space – a kind of “stage” for the main actors of this plot – paintings and furniture.
Large light planes, mirror surfaces, the play of light and shadow – those are the main compositional solutions for this project.
Hantaї picture “Biatorbágy” (1922) reminded authors a free flight of soaring birds and served the main inspiration to create a theme of “Garden of Eden” in the bedroom.
Photography courtesy of Rosko
- AT Apartment by Mohamed Moussa
- TLV Apartment by Keren Atzmon
- Interior for a Young Family by Diff.Studio
- Sunny Boudoir by Ris Interior Design
- North Bay Road Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Bilateral House by Commute Design
- Sticks and Stones Home by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Home in Paris by Inside Rénovation & Décoration d'intérieurs
- Waterfront Elegance by DKOR Interiors
- Home in Henderson by Blue Heron Design-Build