Ziering Residence by SPF:architects
Designed in 2012 by SPF:architects, this inspiring private residence is located in Pacific Palisades, California.
Description by SPF:architects
A curved sweep of living spaces and a projecting wing of bedrooms embrace a panorama of ocean and mountains designed by SPF:architects.
The street façade of the Ziering Residence is clad in 1×2 Ipe wood rain screen to offer a quiet, unobtrusive face to the neighborhood with strategic slot windows that give glimpses of what lies beyond. The front door and pivoting wall panels transform this façade when opened, presenting views of the interior, the courtyard and the ocean beyond.
The courtyard side of the house is an exercise in transparency. Sliding glass panels open up the
entire house to the outdoors. A deep overhang offers an interstitial covered area for al fresco living. An open floor plan with the living, dining, parlor and kitchen laid out along a curve with the master suite turning the corner creates a sense of intimacy within the relatively generous accommodations.
What appeared as a closed world opens to reveal a picture of contemporary Southern Californian domesticity.
Photography courtesy of SPF:architects
Products You May Like
- Skyline Apartment by MONO Architects
- Bishan Green Island Villa by Kevin Hu
- T - House by BY Visuals
- Courcelette Residence by Naturehumaine
- Home in Milan by 23bassi
- Venetian Island Waterfront by In-Site Design Group
- Apartment in Moscow by BHD-Studio
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- Tahoe Marvel by Kelly Hohla Interiors
- BLU Ocean View by Annette Frommer - Interior Design