Warner House by Inside Out Architecture
Unique apartment space situated in Clerkenwell, Central London, designed by Inside Out Architecture.
Description by Inside Out Architecture
In early 2012, following the success of the New Concordia Wharf refurbishment, Inside Out was recommended to redesign the interior layout of a unique apartment space in Clerkenwell, Central London.
The building, Warner House, has a provocative industrial aesthetic, with exposed concrete beams and columns throughout its interior. We found these original structural elements to be far more interesting and emotive than the more recent additions and partitions, and our design focussed on enhancing their prominence.
We began by stripping the old apartment back to its basic shell and exposing the dramatic geometry of the concrete beams. We then “inserted” a number of spaces including a TV room, 2 bedrooms, separate family and guest bathrooms, a utility room and an adaptable guest bedroom. By stopping the new partitions short of the undersides of the beams, we expressed these inserts as something added to the space, secondary to the primary structure.
In the large open plan living space we added a bespoke island kitchen to provide a focal point of activity. A suspended aluminium profile provides functional downlighting while simultaneously uplighting the concrete soffit to create a comfortable warm atmosphere, giving the clients the flexibility they require.
Above all, the design provides a tranquil family home amidst the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
Products You May Like
- Luxurious Apartment by Shenzhen Qianxun Design
- Dnipro City Apartment by Tobi Architects
- FAV Residence by UNIRE Arquitetura Engenharia e Design
- Via Sistina Apartment by Serena Romanò
- Residence G by W&Li Design
- Apartment in Kiev by U-Style
- Loft Apartment by Dita Luarasi Abdiu
- Gothenburg Apartment by Bjurfors Göteborg
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects
- Beniowskiego Apartment by Raca Architekci