Bill & Coo by K-Studio
Bill & Coo is an award winning boutique hotel situated on the Greek island of Mykonos. Athens-based K-Studio recently completed a redesign of some of its bedroom suites.
Description by K-Studio
Bill & Coo is a member of the Small Luxury Hotel group and is renowned for its restaurant and distinguished chef. k-studio are in the process of redesigning some of the 35 bedroom suites with 4 complete and operational and another 8 to be ready for next year.
We have taken the local vernacular and traditional Mykonian building techniques as our inspiration. Natural materials, sourced and crafted locally wherever possible, have been used to create a warm, calm atmosphere of comfort and simplicity. These include granite stone, white plastered walls, cement screed floors and warm oak furniture. We have used raw timber planks on the ceiling to conceal up-lighting and break up the surface. This texture creates an exaggerated sense of height and space overhead and evokes the feeling of standing beneath a pergola.
We opened up the previous layout to allow light to flow through the rooms and to allow a constant visual connection with the terrace and the sea beyond. Circulation from entering to bathing, dressing and sleeping is effortless and ordered. The multifunctional oak wardrobe unit acts as an optional privacy screen for dressing, but opens up on both sides to allow a clear view from the shower to the sea.
The wardrobe and other furniture pieces are custom designed by k-studio and hand crafted in Athens.
- Masserie Maresca by Schiattarella Associati
- Porto Fira Suites by Interior Design Laboratorium
- Olion Villa AA by Ark4lab of Architecture
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Armazém Luxury Housing by Pedra Líquida
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Swissotel Nankai by Design Studio Crow
- Porto Heli Villa by Stokas Construction
- Apartment in Athens by GEM Architects