Blue Lake Retreat by Lake Flato Architects
Designed in 2016 by Lake Flato Architects, this inspiring lake house is located in Marble Falls, Texas, United States.
Description by Lake Flato Architects
Responding initially to the site’s steeply rising topography, a vertically structured house reveals itself as the obvious design for this lake house. Leveraging the home’s tall stature, living spaces culminate at the top floor, set just above the tree line and providing nearly a 180 degree view of the lake beyond. The third floor north facing glazed wall offers unobstructed views of the lake, while punched openings give glimpses of the rugged hillside behind, showcasing the counterpointed landscapes. Emphasizing the site’s two uniquely juxtaposed landforms — water and rugged hillside — the third floor’s cantilevered deck reaches out toward the lake while a bridge anchors into the hillside, connecting the house to its surrounding landscape. Four separate bedroom retreats are tucked below on the lower two floors. All circulation runs exterior, allowing its guests to further immersion into the outdoors and an appreciation for leaving the city behind to enjoy a weekend getaway.
Photography by Andrew Pogue
Products You May Like
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
- Homecoming by Cushman Design Group
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- Downtown Los Angeles Loft by Oh beauty
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs