Flex Model by SHED Architecture & Design
This contemporary single family house situated in Seattle, Washington, was recently redesigned by SHED Architecture & Design.
Description by SHED Architecture & Design
This project involves the radical reconfiguration of the ground floor that serves as a home office by day and a family/media/guest space nights and weekends. The project spills out of the big new aluminum sliders into the back yard that was reworked around the existing pool. A new second floor deck of steel grating is supported by the cantilevered steel beam that replaced a ground floor wall.
Sliding panels and curtains allow the typically free flowing interior to be compartmentalized to suit various circumstances. Walls clad in rotary cut fir plywood with “t-nuts” on a 6″ grid support custom steel desks and shelves and a peg board ceiling floated over foam dampens the sound.
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- JD2 House by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- Hucker Residence by [STRANG] Architecture
- Bellino Residence by Mayes Office
- House in Encinitas by dasMOD
- House in Scottsdale by IMI Design
- House in Mill Valley by Michael Rex Architects