Flex Model by SHED Architecture & Design
This contemporary single family house situated in Seattle, Washington, was recently redesigned by SHED Architecture & Design.
Description by SHED Architecture & Design
This project involves the radical reconfiguration of the ground floor that serves as a home office by day and a family/media/guest space nights and weekends. The project spills out of the big new aluminum sliders into the back yard that was reworked around the existing pool. A new second floor deck of steel grating is supported by the cantilevered steel beam that replaced a ground floor wall.
Sliding panels and curtains allow the typically free flowing interior to be compartmentalized to suit various circumstances. Walls clad in rotary cut fir plywood with “t-nuts” on a 6″ grid support custom steel desks and shelves and a peg board ceiling floated over foam dampens the sound.
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects
- House in Bridgehampton by TA Dumbleton
- Home in Palm Springs by Certified Luxury Builders
- Pinecrest Residence by Anders Lasater Architects
- Home in San Francisco by L'Atmosphere
- Park House by Project 22 Design
- Calhoun Pavilion by Elevation
- Palm Springs Residence by Lineoffice Architecture
- Carmel Wilderness Modern