Sustainable House by Day Bukh Architects
Situated in Randwick, United Kingdom, this sustainable single family house was designed in 2015 by Day Bukh Architects.
Description by Day Bukh Architects
The existing semi-detached house was in its original condition with the rear yard closed off to the rest house. The clients required the new living spaces to open out to an adjacent private open space as well as a first floor addition to the rear of the house.
design response/ concept
Designed to meet the long term needs of a young professional couple, this alterations and additions project was inspired by the traditional childlike idea of a gable roofed house, and how that translates into purity of form and order of structure within a piece of modern architecture. The landscaping is designed so that the outdoors flows into the internal living spaces, visually and spatially connecting the two.
passive solar design
The north facing aspect of the rear yard provide excellent opportunities for passive solar heating. Operable timber screening on the first floor as well an overhang over the ground floor control the building from overheating during the warmer months.
Photography courtesy of Day Bukh Architects
Products You May Like
- East London Apartment by Kerry Hussain
- Turó Park Apartment by Meritxell Ribé
- Gable House by Sheri Haby Architects
- Mill House by OB Architecture
- Apartment in St Petersburg by D&T Architects
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- North Bondi II Residence by Tobias Partners
- Compound Q by DSDG Architects
- Tactile House by Thomas and Spiers Architects
- Apartment by the Sea by Tal Goldsmith Fish Design Studio